Saturday, Dec 15, 2018 | Last Update : 10:47 AM IST

Over 100 taken ill due to suspected ‘food poisoning’ in Maharashtra

PTI
Published : Feb 19, 2018, 10:58 am IST
Updated : Feb 19, 2018, 10:59 am IST

These persons had visited the wedding ceremony on Sunday and ate 'Gajar Ka Halwa'. After eating, they complained of giddiness, nausea.

All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged and the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination. (Photo: Representational | File)
 All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged and the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination. (Photo: Representational | File)

Palghar: In a suspected case of 'food poisoning', around 105 persons were taken ill after they consumed a sweet at a marriage ceremony in Palghar, police said on Monday.

These persons had visited the wedding ceremony on Sunday and ate 'Gajar Ka Halwa' (a sweet made of carrots). After eating the sweet, they complained of giddiness, nausea following which they were rushed to various hospitals at Palghar and Safala, a senior police official said.

All of them were administered medical aid and later discharged, he said, adding the food samples were handed over to the Food and Drugs Administration officials for an examination.

No case has been registered so far, the officer said, adding a probe was on.

Tags: food poisoning, wedding ceremony, food and drugs administration
Location: India, Maharashtra