If you are desperately trying to get rid of those stubborn fat deposits in your body, here are some workouts to follow.
The good news is that through regular exercise and good nutrition, you can burn fat from your entire body, and get fitter, healthier and leaner in the process. You can target muscle growth and improve your muscle definition with weights and body weight exercises, focusing on specific areas, whether that’s the chest, back, arms, legs or abs.
What’s the best way to burn fat?
Resistance Training & HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). It’s a super effective training method for burning fat. Not only does it get your body burning fat like nothing else, but it also boosts your metabolism and will get you super fit by improving your cardiovascular fitness. If you combine workouts with good nutrition, not only will you feel awesome, you’ll soon transform your body and become fitter, stronger, healthier and leaner. Let’s get lean.
—Fredy Francis, Fitness Consultant & Nutrionist.
EXERCISE: Dumb Bell Bicep Curl
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet as wide as the hips.
2. Keep your arms at your side.
3. Pull your abdomen in. stand and keep your knees slightly bent.
4. Turn your arm upwards until they are in front of your shoulders.
5. Slowly lower the dumbbells to the starting position.
EXERCISE: Leg Press Machine
1. Sit with your back and head resting against the padded support.
2. Place your feet on the foot plate about a hip-width apart with your feet flat. Your feet should form a 90 degree angle at the knees. If too high, it will stress your glutes and if too low, it will stress you knees.
3. Knees should not be bowed inward or outwardneutral.
4. Push the platform away with your knees and forefoot. Make sure its a slow movement.
5. Pause at the top and do not lock your knees.
6. While inhaling, return the footpath to the starting position by gradually bending the knees. Keep the feet and back flat throughout.
EXERCISE: Chest Press Machine
1. The machine should be adjusted to flat, incline and decline position to focus on all three muscles of the chest.
2. Place your back against the back rest of the machine.
3. Grab the handle and place your feet on the/foot stool of the machine.
4. Press the handle forward until your arms are straight. Pause for a second and then bend your elbows and slowly return to the starting position.
5. Perform four sets of eight to 12 reps, resting for 60 seconds between sets.
EXERCISE: Wide Grip Lat Pull Down
1. Grab the bent part of the over head wide bar attached to the pully on the machine. Keep the knees underneath the pad, spine straight, chest out, shoulders rolled back, core engaged and feet flat on the ground.
2. Lean slightly backward and pull the rod down with your elbows flexing and moving first down and then back until the rod almost touches your upper chest.
3. Release the rod slowly until your hands are fully extended up.
4. Perform three sets of 10 reps.
Belly Fat/ Waist Line Fat
1. Get into the push up position. Put only your forearms on the ground and not your hands.
2. Squeeze your glutes and and tighten your abdomen.
3. Keep the neck and spine neutral.
4. Create a straight, strong line from head to toe.
5. Hold the position for as long as you can. Gradually increase the time.