The Italian way of cooking this plump rice exudes flavour and buttery texture.
Black truffle risotto
- Vialone nano riso 280 gm
- Truffle paste 20 gm
- Black truffle 5 gm
- Butter unsalted 80 gm
- Cheese Parmigiano Reggiano 120 gm
- Salt to taste 12 gm
- Black pepper whole 10 gm
- Micro greens 5 gm
- Burratta cheese 200 gm
- Shallots 30 gm
- White Wine 20 ml
- Vegetable stock 600 ml
- A sprig of Thyme
- Melt 20 gm unsalted butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add finely minced shallots and sweat until translucent.
- Add Vialone Nano Riso and stir in till coated with butter.
- Add a sprig of thyme and the white wine.
- Add vegetable stock just to cover the risotto, season with salt and cracked fresh pepper.
- Stir and cook till all stock is absorbed.
- Add more stock in batches and cook until al dente. Remove sprig of thyme.
- Stir in truffle paste and cook till creamy.
- Remove from heat, add parmesan and mount with butter stirring in constantly.
- Dish it, place a wedge of Burrata
- Shave black truffle.
- Drizzle with truffle oil and extra virgin olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh micro greens.
— Recipe courtesy Chef Dominic Gerard, executive sous chef,
The Leela Palace Bengaluru
Risotto AllA Melenzeane
- Arborio rice 600 gm
- Butter 100 gm
- Fried small eggplant cubes 400 gm
- Dry white wine 200 ml
- Vegetable stock 1,500 ml
- Fine chopped onion 200 gm
- Parmesan cheese 300 gm
- Cream 200 ml
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish 20 gm
- Bring stock to simmer in a saucepan. Melt butter in a deep, heavy, medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté for five minutes Add rice, stir to combine. Add white wine, bring to a boil, and reduce liquid by half, about three to four minutes. Add simmering stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring enough to keep the rice from sticking to the edges of the pan.
- Stir the rice almost constantly — stirring sloughs off the starch from the rice, making the creamy sauce you’re looking for in a risotto. Wait until the stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup. This process will take about 25 minutes. The rice should be just cooked and slightly chewy. Add crispy fried eggplant cubes and toss well. Stir in Parmesan cheese, season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
— Recipe courtesy My Fortune, Bengaluru