OYO reiterates its commitment to bringing technology led innovations for enhanced safety of all the guests.
OYO announced the launch of it's in-app SOS button for the guests in any emergency situation to receive the assistance of not only of the ground hotel staff but also from the expertise of a specially trained 24x7 OYO Safety Response Team (SRT). With this app, the guest can initiate a call with local law enforcement authorities.
The first phase of the implementation of the app is scheduled to begin in 25 cities with a pilot already running in Gurugram.
OYO is committed to creating multiple touch-points with guests for a safe, convenient and comfortable experience across its 8700+ properties in India. With security, quality, location, and price being key considerations for the majority of travelers in the budget to mid-scale segment, OYO aims to help create a perfect space in every place by solving for each of the said considerations through a combination of technology and on-ground interventions.
The addition of the SOS button is meant to improve both awareness as well as usage of all the 4 safety features that OYO provides:
How does the in-app SOS feature work?
· On tapping the SOS button, a trigger is generated to alert OYO’s 24x7 Safety Response Team(SRT) along with guest, booking, location and emergency contact details
· Guests are also prompted with two options - contact OYO Safety Response Team or Call Police. Depending on the severity of the issue, a guest can exercise either option.
· In cases, where the guest chooses to connect with the Police first, a back end ticket is still generated and sent to the SRT team
· Once the SRT team receives this information, they instantly respond to each case and inform relevant authorities as per standardized SOP
· The typical response time for this step is within 3 minutes
To resolve severe issues, OYO ensures additional on-ground support, where they coordinate with the on-ground partners, including the local OYO AGM/Captain, OYO’s contracted private security firm and local hotel staff to touch base with the guest and resolve the issue within 35 minutes.
The cities included in the first phase of the launch of OYO SOS button are Delhi-NCR, Lucknow, Mumbai, Meerut, Bangalore, Patna, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Raipur, Kolkata, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Vizag, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Goa, Guwahati, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamshedpur.