They also said that none of the people arrested recently by the ATS had worked with the Hindu Janajagran Samiti or were Sanatan members.
Mumbai: The Sanatan Sanstha spokesperson Chetan Rajhans and Hindu Janjagruti Samiti organiser Sunil Ghanvat, on Monday refuted claims of having any links with the accused Vaibhav Raut and nine others in the Nalasopara explosives case. They claimed that no case has been registered or charge-sheet filed against any Sanatan member in the last several years. They also said that none of the people arrested recently by the ATS had worked with the Hindu Janajagran Samiti or were Sanatan members.
According to them, it is nothing but propaganda by the Congress, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) and other like-minded parties, who are trying to make this an issue for the 2019 election. Meanwhile, the state government has not yet decided on any fresh proposal for imposing a ban on Sanatan, as it does not have any proof, said senior officers.
The Congress, the NCP, the Samajwadi Party and others had levelled allegations against the Sanatan Sanstha and demanded that the orga-nisation be banned. Min-ister of state for home, Deepak Kesarkar said that the proposal to ban the Sanatan had been sent to the Union government during the Cong-ress regime and the Dev-endra Fadnavis-led state government had answ-ered the queries raised by the Union government regarding the ban.
Meanwhile, Mr Rajhans said, “The accused arrested in the Nalasopara explosives case are not our ‘sadhaks’. We are working in the spiritual and social sphere and have never supported violence. The political parties targeting us wit-hout any proof should disclose their sources and the government sho-uld investigate.” he said.