Tuesday, Dec 07, 2021 | Last Update : 05:01 PM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  26 Feb 2018  Thane: Fire breaks out in chawl, no casualties

Thane: Fire breaks out in chawl, no casualties

ANI
Published : Feb 26, 2018, 3:22 pm IST
Updated : Feb 26, 2018, 3:22 pm IST

No casualties have been reported so far. However, some buildings are said to have been gutted in the fire.

Four fire tenders, a rescue vehicle and a water tanker were dispatched to douse the flames. (Photo: ANI)
 Four fire tenders, a rescue vehicle and a water tanker were dispatched to douse the flames. (Photo: ANI)

Thane (Maharashtra): A fire broke out in 10 hutments at a chawl at Thane's Sainath Nagar on Monday.

The incident happened at around 11:00 am at Sainath Nagar.

 

Four fire tenders, a rescue vehicle and a water tanker were dispatched to douse the flames.

No casualties have been reported so far. However, some buildings are said to have been gutted in the fire.

According to the preliminary information, the fire was caused due to a blast in an LPG cylinder which spread after the flames came in contact with three other cylinders which are suspected to be leaking

Tags: fire, accident, blast, lpg cylinder, gas leak
Location: India, Maharashtra, Thane (Thana)