Saturday, Jan 22, 2022 | Last Update : 04:40 AM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  24 May 2018  8-yr-old Thane girl dies of electrocution

8-yr-old Thane girl dies of electrocution

PTI
Published : May 24, 2018, 2:07 pm IST
Updated : May 24, 2018, 2:07 pm IST

The girl died after she accidentally came in contact with a live wire near her house in Bhayander.

According to police, the incident took place when some labourers were carrying out welding work of a door at the public toilet. (Representational Image)
 According to police, the incident took place when some labourers were carrying out welding work of a door at the public toilet. (Representational Image)

Thane: An eight-year-old girl died after she accidentally came in contact with a live wire near her house in Bhayander, district rural police said on May 24.

The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon when the girl Nazrin Shaikh was playing near a public toilet located close to her house.

 

Following her death, the minor's father lodged a complaint with the Bhayander police station in this connection.

According to police, the incident took place when some labourers were carrying out welding work of a door at the public toilet. "The labourers left the live electric wire open and unattended. The girl, who was playing around accidentally touched the wire and collapsed," police said. She was rushed to a hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead, they said.

An offence under IPC section 304 A (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) has been registered against three persons, including contractor Motiram Vishwakarma (42), they said.

 

Tags: electrocution, minor girl dead
Location: India, Maharashtra, Thane (Thana)