Tuesday, Oct 04, 2022 | Last Update : 07:17 PM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  22 Oct 2017  ACB to probe bribe claim post diwali

ACB to probe bribe claim post diwali

THE ASIAN AGE. | PRIYANKA NAVALKAR
Published : Oct 22, 2017, 2:42 am IST
Updated : Oct 22, 2017, 2:42 am IST

ACB officials have said that since it is a long Diwali weekend, the case will be taken up after it.

Anti-Corruption Bureau
 Anti-Corruption Bureau

Mumbai: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) is yet to register a case over the complaint letter submitted by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) corporator Sanjay Turde alleging that Dilip Lande had offered him a bribe to join the Shiv Sena.

Dilip Lande is one of the six corporators in the BMC, who had switched from MNS to Sena earlier this month. While Mr Turde claims being shocked, the latter has rubbished the allegations. ACB officials have said that since it is a long Diwali weekend, the case will be taken up after it.

While speaking to The Asian Age, Mr Turde said, “Apart from declining, I also tried to talk him out of it.” On the other hand, Mr Langde said, “I made no such offer and if an enquiry is demanded, we welcome it as we have done no wrong.”

Tags: anti-corruption bureau, sanjay turde, dilip lande
Location: India, Maharashtra, Mumbai (Bombay)