Wednesday, Jan 19, 2022 | Last Update : 09:54 PM IST

  Metros   Mumbai  09 Jan 2020  Prashant Thakur’s appointment as CIDCO chief cancelled

Prashant Thakur’s appointment as CIDCO chief cancelled

THE ASIAN AGE.
Published : Jan 9, 2020, 1:20 am IST
Updated : Jan 9, 2020, 1:20 am IST

An order cancelling appointment of Mr Thakur was issued by the state urban development department on Tuesday.

BJP MLA Prashant Thakur
 BJP MLA Prashant Thakur

Mumbai: After deciding to review development projects undertaken by the previous government in the state, the Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government has now started revoking appointments made by the former.

In a first such move, the Uddhav Thackeray-led government has cancelled the appointment of BJP MLA Prashant Thakur as chairman of the City and Industrial Development Corporation (Cidco).

 

The decision assumes significance as the Cidco has been carrying out the construction of the Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA) with a private player.

An order cancelling appointment of Mr Thakur was issued by the state urban development department on Tuesday.

Mr Thakur, a trusted aide of former chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, represents the Panvel Assembly seat in Raigad district. He had quit the Congress to join the BJP ahead of the 2014 Assembly elections. In the Vidhan Sabha polls held in October, he retained his seat successfully as a BJP candidate.

Mr Thakur was appointed to the board of Cidco and was later made its chairman on September 4, 2018, by Mr Fadnavis. The greenfield international airport is a public-private partnership venture in which the GVK-led Mumbai International Airport has a 74 per cent stake with Cidco, a state government authority, holding the remaining 26 per cent.

 

After taking charge, the CM ordered a review of all undergoing development projects taken up by the BJP-led government, especially the big-ticket ones such as the ambitious bullet train.

Tags: prashant thakur