The residents have filed a police complaint alleging negligence on the part of the electricity department.
Ghaziabad: Residents of Murad Nagar area in Ghaziabad on Monday blocked the Delhi-Meerut highway for some time after a 45-year-old man was electrocuted on coming in contact with a high tension live wire passing over the roof of his house.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Aashish Srivastav said Nirankar Sharma, a resident of Jeetpur colony, went to the roof of his house and accidentally touched a live high tension wire passing over it.
He fell unconscious and was rushed to a nearby private hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Enraged over the death, the residents of the area protested against the power department, raised slogans and blocked the Delhi-Meerut highway for some time, demanding that the high tension line be shifted elsewhere.
Policemen were rushed to the spot who sent the protesters back after assuring them of action and the highway was cleared.
The residents have filed a police complaint alleging negligence on the part of the electricity department, the officer said.