The magnets snapped together and got stuck in the bone and cartilage separating the nostrils.
We all have memories of indulging in weird activities as children at times out of curiosity or maybe just for the thrill of it. But sometimes what may seem like child’s play can lead kids into terrible situations and make them seriously regret their decision.
An 11-year-old boy from Cyprus somehow thought that shoving a magnet in each nostril would be a good idea. But he was quickly proven wrong when the magnets got drawn towards each other despite being in different nostrils and snapped together in the bone and cartilage that separates the two.
Fortunately doctors applied some quick thinking in the boy’s case and were able to bring the magnets out by teasing them with their own magnets placed on both sides of the nose. The accident had left the boy bleeding from the nose as he was in agony upon arrival at the emergency department.
The boy’s nose had healed completely when he went to visit the doctors after six months.