Do not go to parties and get-togethers which make you feel lonely.
What makes the difference between the best and the rest? Rituals are what make all the difference.
1. The clarity ritual — Get clarity on your goals. You must know what success in your goals will look like otherwise you will never know the real distance between you and your goals. Be crystal clear about what you want, how much you want, why do you want it and when do you want it.
2. The practice ritual — Once your goal is clear in your mind, form rituals around it. If your goal is to run a marathon in next 12 months, then form rituals around the goal and make sure you live them daily. Develop the best practice plan, eating habits and other disciplines you need to follow to finish your marathon after proper research.
3. The networking ritual — If you want to be a master, learn to be a student first. Who are top five people in your industry, sport or classroom? How can you network with them? Read about them, find their sources of learning and their mentors. This habit of observing the best will save you a lot of time and years of costly mistakes that you will make.
4. The power ritual — Try to do daily what strengthens you. No matter what your goals are, make sure you meditate for 30 minutes, exercise for 30 minutes and learn something new every day. Spend time with people who inspire you and make you believe in your potential. Do not go to parties and get-togethers which make you feel lonely. Time is your most precious currency.
5. The detox ritual — Get rid of all the inessentials of your life, be it people or things. Do not waste your time in doing things you do not enjoy or to please people you do not like.
There is power in daily disciplines but only those who practice them can harness it.
(Siddhartha is a bestselling author and motivational guru)