Saturday, Sep 18, 2021 | Last Update : 12:32 AM IST

  Life   More Features  05 Jul 2018  Loyal dog dies trying to save owner from being electrocuted in Tamil Nadu

Loyal dog dies trying to save owner from being electrocuted in Tamil Nadu

THE ASIAN AGE
Published : Jul 5, 2018, 9:49 pm IST
Updated : Jul 5, 2018, 9:49 pm IST

The villager M Mokkusu, took the cow to graze, but the animal fell to the ground after touching the cable.

Local police rushed to the scene and the electricity board did their best to cut off the power supply but it was too late. (Photo: Pixabay)
 Local police rushed to the scene and the electricity board did their best to cut off the power supply but it was too late. (Photo: Pixabay)

A loyal dog died after it was electrocuted while trying to save its owner.

The freak accident happened after the 65-year-old farmer tried to resuscitate his cow which had come into contact with a live power cable in Tamil Nadu.

 

According to the Times of India, the man, M Mokkusu, took the cow to graze, but the animal fell to the ground after touching the cable.

Mokkusu was also electrocuted when he desperately tried to revive the cow.

The website reports that the cable had snapped following rain and heavy wind near the city of Madurai.

His beloved pet, an Indian mongrel, attempted to save his life and pull the cable away but also died in the tragic incident.

Local police rushed to the scene and the electricity board did their best to cut off the power supply but it was too late.

Heartbroken villagers visited the spot after the news broke about the heroic dog’s attempt to save its owner’s life.

 

Tags: indian mongrel, dog, tamil nadu, dog electrocuted, live cable, villager electrocuted, dog saves owner, pets and environment, viral and trending, dog saves owner from electrocution, cow electrocuted, farmer electrocuted