Monsoon is interspersed with times of heat and humidity which wrecks havoc on hair.
Monsoons are a timer frequent hairball due to change in the weather conditions.
According to Dr. Prerna Taneja, Medical director of Clinic Eximus. “The months are interspersed with times of heat and humidity that disturbs the ph balance of the scalp leading to hair loss. It is very important to take care of the hair during these months.”
Dr Taneja shares tips to take care of hair during monsoon.
- Wash your hair regularly with water and shampoo alternate day.
- Do not tie wet hair as it leads to accumulation of heat.
- It is advisable to get your hair trimmed every 5-6 weeks. This will remove the dead hair and help bring out a fresh layer of gorgeous hair for you.
- Nourish your hair frequently with homemade remedies like warm oil massages and egg white masks etc.
- Take a necessary care of your diet. All ingredients of balanced diet should be taken on a regular basis so that nutrition is not compromised. A diet rich in protein, omega 3 fat acids and biotin is crucial for health o f the hair.
- The right shampoo should be picked depending on the content of the shampoo. Ensure that you use a sulphate free and sodium chloride free shampoo.
- After every shampoo, the conditioning is a must, it detangles the hair and makes it manageable to comb, thus decreasing the breakage.
- During head baths, ensure that extreme water temperature is not used for head baths as it dries away the scalp leading to damage o the hair.
- It is advisable not to wash hair with hard water, ensure that at least you take the last rinse with soft water.
- Swimming in chlorine filtered waters can impact your hair. Ensure that your head is covered with a water proof cap.
- Experimenting with hot styling tools can have negative effects on your hair. Ensure that you do not get these styling treatment every frequently.
- It is better to avoid all kinds of cosmetics like gels and styling crèmes on your hair, in the long run, they damage the hair.
Invest in nourishing medical treatments that take care of your scalp by providing micronutrients to the hair follicles. Nutratherapy treatments done, deliver the right nutrition to the scalp and hair follicles thus ensuring the growth of hair happens in a healthy way.
These small steps go a long way to healthier hair. A small time invested in the right diet, the right therapy - nutratherapy make s the hair grows stronger and healthier.