Monday, Jun 17, 2024 | Last Update : 06:03 PM IST

  Life   Health  12 Dec 2017  Gardener left in pain as his foot accidentally gets impaled on a rake

Gardener left in pain as his foot accidentally gets impaled on a rake

THE ASIAN AGE
Published : Dec 12, 2017, 5:05 pm IST
Updated : Dec 12, 2017, 5:05 pm IST

The man didn't suffer any bone injuries even as the rake went right through his foot.

Rakes are the eighth most common cause for garden injuries (Photo: Pixabay)
 Rakes are the eighth most common cause for garden injuries (Photo: Pixabay)

Gardening may not exactly figure among activities which are considered risky, but lack of precautions can land people in terrible situations unexpectedly. At times the consequences of a simple lapse in judgment during day to day activities can turn out to be horrifying.

A gardener found himself in a similar situation when he accidentally stepped on a rake as it pierced through his foot. A horrific image posted online by a nurse showed his foot impaled on the rake.

But the man miraculously escaped a bone injury even as the spikes went right through his foot. Statistics show that rakes are the eighth most common cause for garden injuries with flower pots, spades and lawn mowers at the top of the list.

Experts advise that while the injury can be painful, one shouldn’t pull out the tool as it blocks blood vessels preventing severe blood loss.

Tags: health, shocking, accident, rake