This festive season, go healthy with a soup, and then stir some potent cocktails for a slurp of fun.
Doodhia Badami Shorba
- Badam puree 50 gm
- Vegetable stock 300 gm
- Ginger chopped 1 gm
- Green chilli slit 1 gm
- Cardamom 1 gm
- Dalchini 1 gm
- Bay leaf 1 gm
- Black pepper 1 gm
- Salt 3 gm
- White pepper 2 gm
- Roux 10 gm
- Cream 5 gm
- Boil vegetable stock with ginger, green chilli, cardamom, dalchini, black peppercorn and bay leaf.
- Add almond puree and cook for some time, add roux and whisk well season with salt and white pepper powder.
- Strain and serve hot.
— Recipe courtesy Yellow Chilli
- Tequila 50 ml
- Orange juice 60 ml
- Apple juice 30 ml
- Rose water 10 ml
- Cinnamon sticks 3 nos
- Saffron for flavour and as garnish
- Glass ware require: Tall glass
- In a tall glass full of ice cubes, add few drops of rose water, orange juice, and apple juice along with Tequila and shake well.
- Take two cinnamon sticks and roast the same for less than a minute till the aroma of cinnamon is predominant. Add the same into the cocktail mix
- Garnish it with saffron
— Recipe courtesy The Blue Bar, Taj West End
Dhania Anari Shorba
- Spinach 150 gm
- Coriander 50 gm
- Carrot 50 gm
- Beans 20 gm
- Whole garlic 10 gm
- Ginger 5 gm
- Salt to taste
- Green chilli 2 pieces
- Fresh pomegranate juice 50 ml
- Oil 5 gm
- Cumin seeds 2 gm
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add chopped garlic, ginger and coriander powder and toss
- Add vegetables and sauté further.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoning stir well, strain, and add pomegranate juice.
- Heat and serve hot with coriander leaves
— Recipe courtesy Satya Kedharnath, executive chef, Vivanta by Taj, Whitefield.