The key to a secretly healthy raw dessert is in the nutritious ingredients.
Raw vegan cinnamon apple crumble with date-almond sauce
- 2 apples (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- Toss everything together in glass dish
- Cover with a glass lid.
- Keep in a sunny spot for sun baking for three to four hours.
- 6 seedless dates
- Soak them in fresh, clean water for three to four hours.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Grind coarsely in a dry jar.
- To 1/4th almond-sesame powder, add dates and soaking water, and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add a few tsp of water and blend into a sauce.
- Toss apples with the remaining 3/4th of the almond-sesame powder to form an apple crumble, and place into individual serving bowls.
- Spoon the sauce over the apple crumble.
- Serve at room temperature or after chilling for a while
— Recipes courtesy Susmitha Subbaraju, a blogger at Veganosaurus, co-owner at Carrots Restaurant.
Basil Seed Pudding
- 4 tsp sweet basil (falooda) seeds soaked in 1 cup water
- 4 dried figs soaked in 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 banana
- Agave nectar to taste (optional)
- Cinnamon powder for sprinkling
- Grind cashews into a powder
- Add the figs, along with the soaking water and blend into a cream.
- Stir into the basil seeds (they would have soaked up all the water).
- Serve into two individual bowls and swirl in the agave nectar (if using).
- Slice the banana and divide slices between both bowls.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top
- Chill for half an hour and serve.