Actress Spoorthi Vishwas gives us a peek into her favourite detox drink.
Iced cucumber juice
- 1 cucumber (big enough to fill two cups) peeled and cut into small cubes (I like to use English cucumber)
- About 8 mint leaves
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tsp lime juice to taste
- 3 tsp sugar to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Ice cubes to serve
- In a blender, add puree of cucumber, mint, salt, pepper and sugar. Now, pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Use a spoon to press the solids to take out all the juice. There will be about 1-1/4 cup of cucumber juice.
- Add lime juice and water and mix well.
- Add ice cubes to the cucumber drink and serve.
— as told to Ruth Prarthana