Model Vibhinta Verma shares her favourite recipe with an Indian twist that helped her gain entry into Masterchef Season 3.
Chocolate fudge cake with phirni icing
For the cake:
- Dark chocolate (70% chocolate), Swiss dark or any brand unsweetened dark cooking chocolate 200 gm
- Salted butter 100 gm
- Unsalted butter 100 gm
- Castor sugar 200 gm
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp maida
- Butter and maida to grease cake tin.
For instant phirni:
- Rice (powdered) 2 tbsp
- Milk 500 ml
- Powdered sugar/castor sugar 100 gm
- Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Melt chocolate and butter on a double boiler, whisk together. Remove from heat and add sugar, mix well. Allow mixture to cool and add eggs, whisk. Incorporate maida. Line tin with paper or grease tin. Pour in batter. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. While cake is baking, put the powdered rice with milk and vanilla essence in saucepan, place over low heat and cook till mixture is cooked, and the raw taste of rice is gone. Remove from heat, add sugar to taste. Put in refrigerator to cool.
- Put cake on serving tray, pour cooled phirni on the cake and garnish with fruits to serve (optional).