Anjalli Sukumaran, entrepreneur, shares a healthy recipe with us.
Quinoa chicken stir fry
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2-and-a-half cups water
- 2 eggs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pepper, salt and chilli sauce (as per your taste).
- Add a cup of quinoa and two-and-a-half cups of water to a pan or vessel and boil. Once the quinoa is cooked, cool for a while.
- Add olive oil to a nonstick pan or wok.
- Add two beaten eggs to the pan and scramble. I add a pinch of pepper. Once the eggs are cooked (takes two minutes), keep them in a separate bowl.
- Using the same wok, add a few spoons of olive oil (coconut is great too). Over medium heat, add onions, capsicum, ginger-garlic paste and cook.
- Add two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips and cook for about four to five minutes, until onions are translucent and chicken is cooked through.
- Add cooked quinoa and water, increase heat to medium-high. Stir for a while, add cooked eggs, a bit of tomato or chilli sauce as per taste. Keep stirring on low flame so the quinoa doesn’t stick to the pan. Leave it to cool after switching taking off the fire. And voila! Your healthy yummy chicken stirred fried quinoa is ready.
- You could also alternate the recipe by using whole wheat pasta or brown rice.
— As told to Pooja Prabhan