The food along with some boosting cocktails have a less spicy, lighter tone that would be smooth on both your tongue and intestine.
The journey of Vietnamese palate from the pre-historic times to the present day has witnessed its evolution from hunting to domesticating the wild, from being gatherers and foragers to farmers and settled cultivators. Vietnamese food in the Diaspora, touches upon the nostalgia of cooking traditional Vietnamese dishes, as an effort to recreate the feeling of home ‘through taste’. On experimenting with flavours, they relished on some of the most renowned dishes from the Vietnamese cuisine like tempura-battered catfish, Cassava Salad and Prawns with Garlic Sauce. The food along with some boosting cocktails have a less spicy, lighter tone that would be smooth on both your tongue and intestine.
- Five-spice powder 15gm
- Hoisin sauce 80gm
- Honey 60gm
- Soy sauce 60ml
- Dry sherry 45ml
- Dack spareribs 1 rack
- Season ribs all over with five-spice powder.
- Combine hoisin, honey, soy sauce, and sherry in a small bowl. Place ribs in a large resealable bag, add in sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Place bag in refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Light a chimney 3/4 full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place the ribs on cool side of the grill, reserving marinade. Cover and cook ribs for 30 minutes. Brush ribs all over with reserved marinade, cover, and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Brush again with reserved marinade and move ribs directly over the coals. Grill until ribs are glazed, and sticky, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, and serve.
Dark & Stormy
- Bourbon whisky 50 ml
- Almond liqueur 20 ml
- Pineapple peel syrup 5 ml
- Lime juice 10 ml
- Chocolate bitters 2 dash
- Pineapple juice 20 ml
At first take shaker add all ingredients together. Shake well , take a chilled glass n fine strain the drink in it. Garnish with burnt pineapple slice and pine of pineapple. end-of