Rose gold can range from colours like bright or pastel pink to a subtler burgundy toned colour.
Inspired and made famous by the rose gold iPhone, this colour has taken the internet by storm! With celebrities such as Kylie Jenner and Rita Ora rocking this look, it is a must have for any girl who wants a pop of colour and to keep that cool chic look about herself.
Rose gold can range from colours like bright or pastel pink to a subtler burgundy toned colour. With lighter skin tones the strawberry pink versions look beautiful giving you a playful cheeky look, whereas rose gold with hints of copper and warm tones will compliment a deeper skin tone much better.
To get your own:
- Bleach your hair to lighten it — the lighter the hair the more vibrant the rose gold colour will be. The achievement of the right colour in creative colouring is subjective to the amount of coating the hair might undergo, hence the desired result might not be able to be achieved in a single sitting.
- Once you are a satisfactory shade of blonde, add a rose gold tint to your hair. The toning process could take anywhere between five to 25 minutes.
- It is important that any pre lightening service is done with caution, and follow up care with stand alone treatments afterwards is recommended. It locks in the colour and deeply nourishes your hair, a sort of hair insurance in other words.
- To maintain the colour, you will have to switch to colour-save shampoos and conditioners and only wash your hair with cold water to preserve it. Try using a dry shampoo to minimise the washing.
- Stick to browns and nude tones to do your make up. Use pastel pinks, beiges and highlighters for glow and give your face a soft look.
— The writer is a Bengaluru-based hair and make-up expert.