Signs of infection appear quickly.
Tattoos have been around for a while. Initially looked down upon, the idea has become popular and less controversial. Tattoos are so common that most people tend to assume that there are no side effects and risks. It is important to make sure that your tattoo artist uses clean equipment and provides you with proper instructions about the aftercare. If these things are neglected, you’re highly likely to catch an infection. Signs of infection appear quickly.
Signs to watch out for:
1. While the tattoo is healing, itching is completely normal. However, if it gets unbearable, and seems abnormal, it’s best to consult your doctor.
2. When you see yellow, brown or green pus discharge, you need to see a doctor immediately.
3. Foul odour.
4. The tattoo will be a little sore and you might experience a little pain, but it shouldn’t be a deep pain that’s beyond comfort level.
5. Redness for a short period of time is normal. If it will appear red, inflamed then consult a doctor.
6. If you have caught an infection you will slowly start noticing small bulges.
7. The tattoo area will start to feel a bit warm.
8. You might develop a fever.
To prevent these things from happening, it is necessary that you choose the right tattoo artist that uses clean equipment, new needles and FDA approved inks. Read reviews and ask around about the artist. Gloves should be worn during the entire process.
Once the tattoo is done, clean the area with soap using gloves. Antibiotic ointments or creams should be regularly applied onto the tattoo. Basically, all aftercare suggestions made by the tattoo artist should be adhered to.
–The writer is a tattoo artist.