Thursday, Sep 23, 2021 | Last Update : 07:42 AM IST

  India   All India  19 Oct 2017  Cooking gas cylinder blasts at house in Panchkula, 8 injured

Cooking gas cylinder blasts at house in Panchkula, 8 injured

PTI
Published : Oct 19, 2017, 11:43 am IST
Updated : Oct 19, 2017, 11:43 am IST

The blast was so intense that the house collapsed and the window panes of about 20 houses adjacent to it were damaged.

Four injured admitted in Chandigarh have received serious burn injuries, police said.  (Photo: PTI/Representational)
 Four injured admitted in Chandigarh have received serious burn injuries, police said. (Photo: PTI/Representational)

Panchkula: A blast at a house here due to a leak in a cooking gas cylinder left at least eight persons injured, the police said on Thursday.

The blast was so intense that the house collapsed and the window panes of about 20 houses adjacent to it were damaged, they said.

 

The blast took place late Wednesday night due to a leak in a cooking gas cylinder, police said.

The injured have been hospitalised in Chandigarh and at the civil hospital in Panchkula. Four injured admitted in Chandigarh have received serious burn injuries, police said.

The family members residing in the house had gone to a market when the incident took place, they said. Some passers-by were also injured in the incident.

Tags: blast, cooking gas cylinder leak, injuries
Location: India, Haryana