Sunday, Oct 17, 2021 | Last Update : 06:53 AM IST

  India   All India  11 Aug 2017  8-month-old boy in Nashik suffocates to death after swallowing balloon

8-month-old boy in Nashik suffocates to death after swallowing balloon

PTI
Published : Aug 11, 2017, 2:56 pm IST
Updated : Aug 11, 2017, 2:56 pm IST

The infant was playing in his house in Nashik when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it, a police official said.

The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, a police official said. (Photo: PTI/Representational)
 The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, a police official said. (Photo: PTI/Representational)

Nashik: An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon in Nashik, a police official said on Friday.

The infant was playing in his house at Hanuman Nagar in the city's Cidco locality on Thursday when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it, an official at Ambad police station said. The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital.

 

The authorities there suggested the boy's father to shift him to the civil hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said. After the child swallowed the balloon, it slipped into his wind pipe and he died of suffocation, Dr Anand Pawar, the medical officer of Nashik civil hospital, said.

The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, the police official said. The child's father hails from Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. He worked as a labourer in Nashik where he was staying with his family, he added.  

Tags: accidental death, childcare, child dead, child swallows balloon
Location: India, Maharashtra, Nashik (Nasik)