Friday, Oct 23, 2020 | Last Update : 02:41 AM IST

  India   All India  10 Aug 2019  Labourer electrocuted in while working at an under-construction building in Kota

Labourer electrocuted in while working at an under-construction building in Kota

PTI
Published : Aug 10, 2019, 8:11 pm IST
Updated : Aug 10, 2019, 8:11 pm IST

Kushwa accidentally touched the overhead live wire and collapsed.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead. (Photo: Representational)
 He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead. (Photo: Representational)

Kota: A 24-year-old labourer was electrocuted while working at an under-construction building in Rajasthan's Kota district, police said on Saturday.

The incident took place on Friday evening when Harish Kushwa, a resident of Kotri Goverdhanpura area in Kota, was working at a site in Ghaghtana village and died on the spot after coming in contact with a live wire, Kaithun Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Yogesh Kumar said.

 

Kushwa accidentally touched the overhead live wire and collapsed. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, the ASI said. The body was handed over to the kin after a post-mortem, who held a protest in front of the office of the state electricity department in Nayapura and sought a compensation of Rs 5 lakh, he added.

The protest ended after the officials assured a fair compensation as per the norms to the kin of the deceased, Nayapura ASI Giriraj Kumar said. A case under Section 174 (unnatural death) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) had been registered, the officer said.

Tags: asi, electrocuted, crpc
Location: India, Rajasthan, Kota