Wednesday, May 25, 2022 | Last Update : 09:30 AM IST

  India   All India  04 Mar 2018  C’garh: 175 students fall ill after eating meal served in school

C’garh: 175 students fall ill after eating meal served in school

ANI
Published : Mar 4, 2018, 10:17 am IST
Updated : Mar 4, 2018, 10:17 am IST

'We have given all food samples to the food safety officer to know the actual cause. As of now, I think this due to paneer,' said official.

Currently, the students are admitted to a hospital. (Photo: ANI)
 Currently, the students are admitted to a hospital. (Photo: ANI)

Surajpur (Chhattisgarh): A total of 175 students of a government school in Surajpur district fell ill after they consumed food served in the school on Holi.

Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO) of Chhattisgarh SP Vaishy said, "The paneer, which was served in the morning of Holi celebrations, was also served in the evening".

 

"We have given all the food samples to the food safety officer to know the actual cause. As of now, I think this due to paneer," added Vaishy.

Currently, the students are admitted to a hospital.

Last year in December, 28 students of Balvikas Vidya Mandir school in Mumbai's Jogeshwari fell ill after consuming 'Khichdi'.

Tags: food poisoning, students, holi celebrations, balvikas vidya mandir school
Location: India, Chhatisgarh