Monday, Nov 29, 2021 | Last Update : 04:19 PM IST

   Doctors shocked to find maggots in a 4-year-old's ear

Doctors shocked to find maggots in a 4-year-old's ear

: AGE CORRESPONDENT
Published : Oct 12, 2016, 3:39 pm IST
Updated : Oct 12, 2016, 3:39 pm IST

They found a blow fly in her ear which had laid 80 eggs inside.

 They could have started eating her brain (Photo: Pixabay)
  They could have started eating her brain (Photo: Pixabay)

They found a blow fly in her ear which had laid 80 eggs inside.

Living in unhygienic conditions can result in a lot of complications and most of these have a lot to do with health and well being of children. While the effects can give rise to several diseases, the consequences can also be terrifying.

 

In a disturbing incident from Madhya Pradesh, a four-year-old girl named Radhika Mandloi had to be taken to a doctor after she experienced itching and severe pain in her ear.

On looking carefully, doctors were shocked to find a blow fly in her ear and removed 80 maggots which were larvae that the fly had left in there. If she hadn’t been treated soon, the maggots might have started feeding on her brain.

The maggots had been living in her ear for a week were removed by two 90 minute operations, as they have left left her bone and skin partially damage, while timely action managed to save her life.