Thursday, Apr 25, 2024 | Last Update : 04:41 PM IST

  Entertainment   Bollywood  07 Aug 2017  Tribunal to decide Nawaz’ film’s fate

Tribunal to decide Nawaz’ film’s fate

THE ASIAN AGE. | SUBHASH K JHA
Published : Aug 7, 2017, 12:10 am IST
Updated : Aug 7, 2017, 12:10 am IST

It’s reliably learnt that the Tribunal may ask the director to make some voluntary cuts, before allowing the film to be released.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui
 Nawazuddin Siddiqui

The Film Certificate Appellate Tribunal, also commonly called the Tribunal, which viewed Kushan Nandy’s controversial film Babumoshai Bandookbaaz earlier this week, has reserved its decision on it till further notice.

It’s reliably learnt that the Tribunal may ask the director to make some voluntary cuts, before allowing the film to be released.

Says Kushan, “I’m not worried at all about what the Tribunal will order. I’m much relieved and happy to know that it’s a completely independent body from the CBFC (Central Board of Film Certification). So whatever decision the Tribunal takes, we will be happy with it.”

The filmmaker says that making this movie has been one long struggle for him. “The problems started when Chitrangada Singh opted out. But looking at what my replacement heroing Bidita Bag has achieved with the character, I can only say that whatever happens, happens for the best. The latest run-in with the CBFC has only been the latest in a long line of problems. But now that the release date is round the corner, I feel I’m nearing the end of my troubles,” says Kushan.

The Tribunal is expected to upturn the CBFC’s decision to make over 40 cuts in Babumoshai Bandookbaaz, given its tendency to do so in the past.         
   

Tags: babumoshai bandookbaaz, cbfc, kushan nandy