Oneplus’s last year’s flagship devices, the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T recently started receiving the OxygenOS 9.0.8 and 9.0.16 updates respectively. These updates pack in some neat under-the-hood changes for the phones.
Here’s the changelog for the system update-
- Optimized pocket mode.
- Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond.
- Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on.
- Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape).
- Android security patch updated to 2019.08.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
Apart from these features, the phones also get the Fnatic gaming mode from the Oneplus 7 which helps use resources better, and makes other apps use lesser data and memory when you’re playing games.
The DC dimming which reduces the visible screen flickering on lower brightness levels also makes it to the update. And so does the Zen mode from the Oneplus 7, which basically allows you to lock yourself out of your phone for a preset time to minimize distractions and help you focus more on life outside the phone.
The updates for borth devices are sized under 400MB, but since they roll out in phases, not all Oneplus 6s and 6Ts will get the update at once, so you might have to wait a bit for the OTA notification.