OnePlus had stated at the launch of the OnePlus 7T Pro that the OnePlus 6 series would have the Android 10 based OxygenOS update by the month of November and the brand has stayed true to its word as the 6 series devices are now getting the new OxygenOS update.
The new update brings a bunch of new features to the 6 series phones like the new navigation gestures, icon shape support, and minute location control for privacy. Other features like Game Space and Contextual display are also included in the update.
Here is a list of all the changes in the new system update:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bugs fixes and improvements
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
The new update also brings the new October security patch on both the 6 and the 6T. Like always, a phased rollout is in order and if no new bugs are found, the update will come to devices everywhere in a few days.