Manish Sisodia grilled, says will continue to cooperate

The Asian Age.

Metros, Delhi

The Chief Minister had also wished to record the entire proceedings during the investigation.

A police officer enters the residence of Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia in New Delhi on Friday. (Photo: PTI)

New Delhi: The Delhi police on Friday questioned deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia at his residence in connection with the case of chief secretary Anshu Prakash’s alleged assault. Sources said that the questioning lasted for over three hours.

The police reached the Deputy CM’s house at 4.30 pm. The police also video recorded Mr Sidonia’s quizzing as was done during the questioning of Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal, the sources said.

“We have questioned Mr Sisodia in the case. We cannot disclose whether his and CM’s answers were same. We are waiting for the forensic report. He coorporated in the investigation. We will be filing a chargesheet in the case,” additional DCP Harinder Singh said.

The Deputy CM after the questioning said that he will continue to cooperate in the matter with the police. “I was questioned by the police in a cordial manner. The police is not at fault, there is a lot of pressure on them. I will continue to cooperate with the police in the investigation. We all believe that like other cases, the court will dismiss this matter too,” Mr Sisodia said in a statement.

Mr Sisodia had on Thursday had asked the police to defer the questioning time to 4.30 pm from 11 am, stating that he will not be able to join the investigation in the case due to some work exigencies.

Delhi police had issued a notice to the deputy chief minister on Wednesday, with regard to the investigation of the matter related to the alleged assault of the chief secretary, asking him to join inquiry in the said incident.

A team of Delhi Police on last Friday had questioned Mr Kejriwal at his residence camp office for over three hours in the case relating to the alleged assault of Mr Prakash.

The police team, which arrived at the camp office at Mr Kejriwal’s residence at  5 pm, with video recording equipment, questioned him for more than three hours after he had agreed to join the probe in this regard.

While stating that the questioning was held in a cordial atmosphere, Mr Kejriwal said the Delhi police was under pressure to lodge false cases against the AAP leaders.

He said his government will continue to cooperate with probe agencies in every case.

The Chief Minister had also wished to record the entire proceedings during the investigation.

On February 20, the Delhi Police had filed an FIR against AAP MLA Amanatullah and others, on a complaint by the CS after he was allegedly manhandled during a midnight meeting at Chief Minister’s residence, a day before.