Paedophile tailor arrest: Three more cases surface

The Asian Age.

Metros, Delhi

Rastogi, who had sexually assaulted over two dozen cases, was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a Delhi court.

The police rubbished claims as run by a few sections of media that the accused had allegedly sexually assaulted over 500 girls.

New Delhi: A day after the 38-year-old paedophile Sunil Rastogi was arrested by the New Ashok Nagar police, three new cases of attempt to molestation, which occurred on January 13, have come to light. The parents have approached the police in this regard, but are yet to make a formal complaint. The police is speaking to the victims in this regard. Meanwhile, Rastogi, who had sexually assaulted over two dozen cases, was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a Delhi court.

According to the police, Sunil was wanted in many cases in UP and Uttarakhand. In the span of over 12 years, the accused was sent behind the bars only once in Uttarakhand. The police further said that the Uttarakhand police may take away Sunil on production warrant as a case had been registered against him at Udham Singh Nagar in Haldwani police station and was released on bail following which he didn’t come for regular visits as a part of proceedings. The station house officer from Rudrapur will be reaching the city soon following which further probe will be initiated.

After the arrest of the paedophile tailor, the New Ashok Nagar police is now scurrying the Pocso complaints registered with their counterparts in nearby police stations to ascertain the involvement of the accused in rape and molestation cases reported in last few months, said the police. “The police will also be questioning his wife to ascertain whether he had molested his daughters or not. The probe is underway and we are questioning the accused to get more details. During questioning he told the police that he has lost the count of how many girls he has molested. A team has also been sent to UP to collect more details about him,” said an officer who is apart of the probe.

The police rubbished claims as run by a few sections of media that the accused had allegedly sexually assaulted over 500 girls.

Read more...