Constantly working and taking no breaks is not healthy.
In this day and age we humans seem to have forgotten how to take a break from the constant chatter that leads to stress and exhaustion.
Breaks often tend to be seen as a bad thing. But making some time to decompress could not only benefit your work, it is also crucial for your well-being.
So why don't you give it a test run and see if this works out for you.
Here are five ways you can boost your productivity and relax during your hectic day, according to indy100.
1. Take a break from the screen: Go for a walk instead. This could help give your brain a boost and relieve stress.
2. Social interaction: Having a good rapport at work with your colleagues makes employees more passionate about their work.
3. Leave your desk every 52 minutes: Pomodoro's analysis of 5.5 million workers revealed the top 10% of workers concentrated well for 52 minutes before taking a break for 17 minutes.
4. Nutrition: Don't forget to fee your mind. Eat a good meal as your brain works best with a steady level of glucose in the blood. Protein especially enhances cognitive abilities for longer than 15 - 20 minutes after it is digested.
5. Sit and reflect: Daydreaming can give your mind a rest and help you get back into your task.