New Delhi: As the temperatures turn colder, parents have to be extra careful about their little ones as cold and flu are the most common health issues with babies apart from chapped skin and upset tummy.
These can be prevented with little preparation in advance and by using the right kind of products.
Here are some must have skin and well-being products, suggested by baby care brand Chicco, to keep your baby healthy and glowing during winters:
* Body Lotion: The winter season might ruin the tender skin of your baby. Body lotion with Parabens free formula and richness of almond or milk are ideal for tender moments of protection and moisturization for baby's delicate skin. Always make sure that the lotion is non-greasy and quickly absorbed to make baby's skin wonderfully smooth and soft with every use.
* Rich Cream: In winters, parents should always make sure that baby is being moisturised properly after bath. A good shower followed by moisturise cream touch will ensure that baby has soft and healthy skin throughout the day. Good quality cream with richness of Omega-3 and Vitamin E help in deeply nourishing baby's skin in driest areas.
* Massage Oil: Newborn has some tender skin properties which needs special care everyday with every massage we give to them. Special massages with good quality parabens free massage oil enriched with high nourishing and moisturising properties of rice bran oil is very beneficial for baby's delicate skin. Moreover, the massage oil with rice bran formula is non-sticky which leaves the baby's skin smooth and velvety soft.
* Steriliser: Your baby's immune defenses are weak at the time of birth and all that comes into contact with mouth must be clean and sanitised. Teats, soothers, teethers and even small toys that your baby may put into the mouth can cause infection. Therefore, sterilising is advisable for the well-being of the baby. Steriliser is a high convenience product used during winters. Some steriliser uses the properties of steam to rapidly and naturally disinfect and avoid the hassle of boiling cold water again and again in vessel for sterilisation.
* Bottle Warmers: Whether you are breast-feeding or using bottled formula, a certain temperature is required to feed the baby. While breast milk is always ready at the right temperature, the formula milk must be around 37°C. Digital Bottle Warmer warms and defrosts milk and baby food in just a few minutes. It helps to preserve the quality of the milk because as it heats gradually.
* Humidifier: Use of ultrasound technology and high frequency vibration system to nebulize tiny water particles in the room to increase humidity level. Humidifier adds much-needed moisture to the air and creates favourable breathing conditions for the baby to sleep comfortably in winters. It produces hot steam, specially designed to use in case of cough and cold to loosen mucus and help your baby to breath comfortably.