Hollywood actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus recently revealed she has breast cancer.
On Twitter, Louis-Dreyfus also revealed one in eight women get breast cancer.
In India, breast cancer has reportedly become the most common cancer in most cities and the second most common in rural areas.
Early detection is vital and women need to start getting checked for the disease in their 20s.
Here are 10 warning signs of breast cancer women need to be aware of, according to a report by the Metro.
1. While a lump is the most common sign, it may not be visible. If you do feel one, get it checked. It is also crucial to regularly check for lumps.
2. If the size or shape of breasts changes apart from when you get your period or during pregnancy, then it could be a sign of the disease.
3. Your nipples start to change in shape or go inward. However, some people are born with inverted nipples.
4. Skin sores, rashes or redness around the area that won't go away need to get checked by a doctor.
5 Liquid may come out of your nipple without squeezing it.
6. It is not normal to have a dent of any size.
7. Swelling under your armpit during your period is common. But if doesn't not go away after your done, then it could be a warning sign.
8. Skin could change in texture becoming dimply
9. Breast may constantly hurt or feel sore
10. A vein growing on your breast could be a sign of a tumour blocking a blood vessel.