Summer’s knocking on the door and it is time to relish those mangoes. Ripe, succulent and absolutely divine, not only are they one of the most looked forward to fruits of the season, but can be modified into an array of mouth-watering dishes as well.
With varieties ranging from Alphonso, Chaunsa, Dashehari to Langra, Kesar, Totapuri etc., India is the leading producer of mangoes in the world.
Here are two recipes by Freshmenu to enjoy mangoes in new avatars.
Bring those dessert spoons out and get ready to taste a dessert that is quite simply put – supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Two slabs of chocolate-chips riddled chocolate biscuits fortify a delicious spongey, cakey mixture of white chocolate, cream, condensed milk, eggs and the hero of the season – mango.
- Icing Sugar - 50gms
- Butter - 100gms
- Flour - 150
- Cocoa Powder - 30gms
- Casto Sugar - 10gms
- Dark choco-chip - 10gms
For the filling
- White chocolate - 200gms
- Flour - 50gms
- Butter - 400gms
- Castor sugar - 350gms
- Eggs - 6
- Fresh Cream - 200gms
- Condensed milk - 400gms
- Mango pulp - 200gms
- Vanilla Essence - 30ml
- Grease a baking tray, cover the tray with butter paper and grease it again.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for the filling and pour the mixture on to the greased butter paper.
- Bake it at 165°C -170°C for 35-45mins. On baking, cool it completely and cut it to a neat rectangular block.
- To make the cookie base, mix flour, cocoa powder, butter. Add the castor sugar and mix well. 5. Add the choco-chip and bake the mixture till done. Take it out of the oven and cut the cookie into two rectangular shapes and set aside.
- Place the cookies on either the sides of the mango cake, to resemble a sandwich. Chill the bourbon for a few minutes before serving.
Mango Brownie and Cheescake
Mango Brownie and Cheesecake
Did you know cheesecake may have been created on the Greek island of Samos? Cheese mould as old as 2,000 BC was excavated by anthropologists on the island leading one to believe that cheese was in full-fledged production at the time.
We’ve got the regular and the seasonal together to create a belter of a dessert. A rich, chocolatey slab of brownie bears a creamy mango cheesecake riddled with diced mango. A delicate glaze of mango pulp with a spoonful of cherry compote by the side completes this celebration of mangoes and chocolate.
- Brownie - 100gms
- Water - 300ml
- Oil - 150ml
For cheesecake mix
- Cream cheese - 250gms
- Cornflour - 10gms
- Cream - 25ml
- Eggs - 150gms
- Sugar - 100gms
- Mango pulp - 50gms
- Prepare a base of brownie mixture (as per the recipe). Bake it completely and cool it.
- Pour the cheese cake mixture over the base. Place the mango chunks over the cheese cake mix. Bake using a water-bath until done.
- Chill and apply a layer of glace, mixed with gel, cut into triangle wedges ( refer image) and serve with cherry compote on the side.