Mumbai: In a bid to allay the difficulties faced by retired central government employees to settle pension cases, the centre is set to launch an app that will allow easy monitoring of such issues.
Here are a few things about the app:
1. The app will be launched by by Minister of State for Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh.
2. The mobile app will offer all the services meant for pensioners which are currently available on the Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare website.
3. Retired employees will be able to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints, if any, through the pension calculator. The ministry already has a pensioners' portal for this purpose.
4. They can register grievances related to pension and track the status of their complaint.
5. This app marks the movement from “eGovernance to mGovernance”, said an official statement.
(With inputs from PTI)