Not all that glitters is yummy, but with a dash of olive oil and orange juice even the mundane cereal can become an all time favourite food. Taking a step towards healthy and tasty eating, as well as breaking the myth that cereal is best consumed only with milk, here are a few easy to make cereal recepies that can be relished by children and adults.
Rice Power Salad
- Rice power cereal: 50gm
- Onion: ¼
- Zucchini: 10gm
- Spring Onion: 2
- Cherry tomatoes: 5-6 pcs
- Crushed garlic: 2
- Broccoli: ½ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3 tbsp
- Lettuce a few leaves hand torn
- Mustard: 1 tsp
- Garlic: 2 grated cloves
- Green chillies: 1 slit lengthwise
- Lemon juice: 1tbsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Honey: ½ tsp
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Heat some olive oil and toss garlic and spring onion for a minute
- Then, add the remaining veggies and cook them lightly, so that they remain crunchy
- For the dressing mix mustard, honey, black pepper, grated garlic, green chillies, lemon juice and salt in a jar. Mix it well
- Now, mix all the veggies and the dressing along with the cereal.
- Top it with cherry tomatoes and raw onions on a bed of lettuce.
Orange Juice and Cereal
- Rice Power cereal: 20gm
- Orange segments: 3-4
- Sprig of Basil: 2
- Orange juice: ½ cup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A dash of Olive oil
- In a glass, place the rice cereal, throw in some orange segments and basil.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and top it with orange juice and a dash of olive oil.
- Mix well and serve.
Chips and Cereal Bhel
- Rice cereal: 50gm
- Tomatoes: 1
- Lemon juice: ½ tsp
- Coriander a handful
- Crunchy chips or wafers of your choice: 20gm
- Put together rice cereal, your choice of chips/wafers and tomato in a bowl. Mix it well
- Top it with lemon juice and coriander and serve.
— Recepies by Gouri Gupta, founder Gouris Goodies