Wednesday, Sep 19, 2018 | Last Update : 07:31 AM IST

‘No hope in Dabholkar killing case’

THE ASIAN AGE. | VARSHA TORGALKAR
Published : Aug 18, 2018, 6:30 am IST
Updated : Aug 18, 2018, 6:30 am IST

The Dabholkar case is being probed by the CBI.

Narendra Dabholkar (Photo: PTI)
 Narendra Dabholkar (Photo: PTI)

Pune: The Maharashtra Andhashradha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS) claims that it has no hope from the BJP-led state government so far as the tracking of the absconding killers in the August 2013 Dr Narendra Dabholkar murder case is concerned. It has said that the role, if any, of three recently arrested Right Wing terror suspects should be probed as the police has them under its scanner.

“Their planning of the terror attack was so bad that even the BJP government could not help but arrest them,” said Milind Jadhav, chief of state MANS. He was talking to the media ahead of the fifth anniversary of the Dabholkar murder on August 20. He added, “It is great news that the Karnataka government could arrest people in connection with murder of Gauri Lankesh, a journalist. They will file a chargesheet soon. Even after five years of murder of Dr Dabholkar, Maharashtra government has made no progress. They could arrest a few men as Karnataka government gave them clues from the Lankesh investigation.” The Dabholkar case is being probed by the CBI.  

MANS has planned many programmes on August 20 which would be graced by actors Prakash Raj and Amol Palekar and also by Tushar Gandhi.

Nandini Jadhav, chief of Pune district unit, said, “Though the killers in the case have not been arrested, we have continued to hold peaceful protests on every 20th of August for the last 59 months.”

Tags: narendra dabholkar murder case, right wing