The tall trees, bushes, chirping birds, and the whole ambience of the forest will make you warm and forget all the worries in your life.
If you are feeling low, go for a trek! It is such a soul rejuvenating activity. The tall trees, bushes, chirping birds, and the whole ambience of the forest will make you warm and forget all the worries in your life. More than that, being in the forest is a life lesson. The forests path is equivalent to one’s life journey — smooth, bumpy and has twists and turns. They tell us about the struggle for survival.
However, it is always better to be prepared before going for a trek.
- If you suffer from any allergies, consult a doctor before heading out.
- Study about the nature of the place, especially the weather conditions. It is always good to go in groups.
- Get a genuine contact. It is always better to get in touch with the forest officials.
- Don’t wear flashy clothes. Choose colours that blend with the forest.
- The forest can be slippery. So, wear running shoes. Also, it can save you from leech bite.
- Take a small sling bag with you and fill it with a small bottle of water and necessary medicines. If you feel dizzy or have breathing difficulties while climbing, inform your guide.
- Other things to keep in your travel bag : A hooded jacket if the weather gets chilly, an extra pair of dress, hat, socks, toilet kits including towel, toilet paper, soap and a plastic bag. You can keep them in your travel bag and take whatever is necessary while getting into the forest.
Be prepared and happy trekking!