It’s the perfect season to spread some cheer and sink your teeth into these delectable Christmas treats.
Prune Chocolate cake
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp butter (90g), cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cup of boiling water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Grease a 9 inch round cake tin with butter and line the base with parchment paper. Pre-eat your oven to 170 degree celsius.
- In a medium bowl, combine prunes, butter and boiling water and mix well. Let it stand at room temperature until its cools.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. With a wire whisk, stir sugar in.
- Once the date and water mixture reaches room temperature, stir in a beaten egg but make sure water is not hot else egg will get poached.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix with spatula just until the flour is moistened and no lumps of flour remain in the batter.
- Add the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin. Bake for about one hour or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack at room temperature before covering with the chocolate ganache or serve it just like that.
Chifferi Rigati With Cheese
- 2 cups, chifferi rigati
- 2 tablespoons, butter
- 2 tablespoons, all-purpose flour
- 2 and a half cup, milk
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup, cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup, mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon, sage leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sage leaves, dried oregano, chilli flakes for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- In a pan, melt butter, add flour and mix very well making sure that there are no lumps.
- Add milk and whisk thoroughly until it’s blended and there are no lumps in it. Simmer for a minute.
- Add sage, cream cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese; season with salt and pepper and mix. Cook for another minute until the cheese melts and it’s rich and creamy.
- Add boiled pasta and mix well. Dish out in a bowl, garnish with some oregano, chilli flakes and sage. Serve hot.
— Recipes courtesy: Bloggers from an international food company