A tough order to fulfil, but Tarun Sibal, Culinary Director of Café StayWoke, Gurgaon has risen up to the challenge with these two eclectic
Have a yen for the exotic along with the health aspect? A tough order to fulfil, but Tarun Sibal, Culinary Director of Café StayWoke, Gurgaon has risen up to the challenge with these two eclectic dishes
Mushroom vol au vent
- Mushrooms - 80 g
- Garlic (chopped) - 1 tea spoon
- Onion (chopped) - 1 table spoon
- Butter - 5 g
- Olive oil - 5 ml
- Thyme - 2 sprigs
- Berry jam - 5 ml
- Vol au vent shell - 6 inches 1
- Cream - 40 ml
- Sea Salt and crushed black pepper – to taste.
- Add oil and butter to the a medium heat pan.
- Add onion followed by garlic. Let it sweat.
- Add medium diced mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let the mushroom get medium soft.
- Add a little water and cream.
- Add fresh thyme.
- Cook till it gets a silky pale colour and the mushrooms are done.
- Open the vol au vent shell and put it in the oven for a minute for it to crisp.
- Brush some berry jam at the base of the vol au vent.
- Add the mushroom mix to the empty vol au vent shell.
- Add with a whole sprig of thyme and spread some jam on the top.
- Serve hot.
Chia spinach and tangerine Drink
- Spinach (washed) - 8-9 leaves
- Cucumber peeled - 1/4th of one
- Chia seeds - 1 tsp
- Mandarin orange (peeled and deseeded) - 1
- Sea salt - 2 pinches
- Fresh Ground pepper - As per taste
- Dash of honey
- Ice cubes - 2
- Soda - 60ml
- Grind spinach, cucumber and orange in a cold press juicer.
- Add chia seeds, sea salt, ground pepper and honey in the drink and stir well.
- Take a glass, add ice cubes, ground mix and soda and serve the chilled detox drink.