Thursday, Sep 20, 2018 | Last Update : 10:50 AM IST
Not many would remember his first film ‘Holi’, but the actor has actually come too far since.
Mumbai: Aamir Khan has been in Bollywood for 33 years now. Not many would remember his first film ‘Holi’ which was directed by Ketan Mehta, but the actor has actually come too far since and today, he is working with megastar Amitabh Bachchan along with actress Katrina Kaif and his ‘Dangal’ girl Fatima Sana Shaikh in ‘Thugs Of Hindostan’. Not only this, there are many facts most of us would probably not know about him, unless of course you are his die-hard fan. But are you really? Test yourself on his birthday.
1. The actor was approached by Madame Tussauds wax museum to build his wax statue but he declined it saying his fans should rather watch his movies than his statue.
2. He was the first actor to have a blog of his own. The blog however is inactive currently, but his co-actor Amitabh Bachchan keeps updating his blog every day.
3. Aamir was offered and he rejected Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Darr’, ‘Swades’, ‘Josh’, ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge’ and Salman Khan’s ‘Saajan’ and ‘Hum Aapke Hai Koun’.
4. Mr. Perfectionist rejected Lagaan's script six times, but then he so loved the seventh edit that he decided to produce the film himself.
5. He was one-time state tennis champion in Maharashtra during his days of youth.
6. He can solve a Rubik's cube in around 100 seconds.
7. He likes film parties but when he goes to one, he ends up moving the party to his place.
8. He gives absolutely honest feedback when a filmmaker asks him about a movie.
9. He hates loud music.
10. He likes girls who are direct.
11. He avoids taking a bath when he can.
12. He has an eating disorder and is a compulsive eater who eats almost everything around if not on diet.
13. Aamir and Raj Zutshi doubled up as the publicity workers and pasted the posters of ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’ on buses and autos as the film was being made at a small budget. Aamir himself went on and told people that he is the hero of the film.