Monday, Nov 12, 2018 | Last Update : 11:59 PM IST

Aakar Patel

Majoritarianism is never inclusive

The first few decades of Congress rule hid the fact that we Indians are also like our brothers in Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan.

22 Apr 2018 12:55 AM

Death sentence won’t stop rapes

In 2016, the total number of rape cases registered in India was 38,947 and there were over 106,000 crimes against children.

15 Apr 2018 6:11 AM

It’s tough unifying Hindus across the board

It is easier to unify the 85 per cent against the remaining 15 per cent and that is what usually happens on the subcontinent.

08 Apr 2018 4:20 AM

You’ll come out of it with a dislike for Kejriwal

Kejriwal helped citizens use the RTI as a tool to secure rights and information, meaning such things as rations, electricity connections and so on.

01 Apr 2018 1:27 AM

Majority govts aren’t always good

The five years of the UPA-I coalition (2005-2009) produced an average GDP growth of 8.5 per cent, the highest in any five years in India’s history.

01 Apr 2018 12:06 AM

We don’t need judgments that blunt laws

The Indian law already has safeguards against the risk of false cases.

25 Mar 2018 12:13 AM

Ayodhya likely to become the issue in 2019

Newspapers and TV channels will get additional income from political advertising, much of it pretending to be news.

18 Mar 2018 12:17 AM

How law enforcement agencies work in India

The CBI is a Central agency, reporting to the Union government, unlike the police, which report to individual states.

11 Mar 2018 1:38 AM

Why local power may hold key to Delhi

The Election Commission keeps watch over this to some extent, but that is only in the phase after elections are announced.

04 Mar 2018 1:54 AM

Bank frauds: Gujarat model’s underbelly

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has still to address the Nirav Modi matter.

25 Feb 2018 12:51 AM