Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 | Last Update : 04:58 AM IST
The luxury carmaker has taken a bunch of measures to ensure smooth repairs at its workshops.
To assist its customers caught in the flood-like situation during Mumbai rains, the German carmaker has come up with some really appreciable measures. Mercedes-Benz will be helping its affected customers by giving following benefits:
- Quick recovery of the affected vehicle via Allianz Global
- The two dealers in Mumbai will waive off towing charges, if applicable, for cars recovered via Allianz Global
- Special discounts for spare parts
- Shipment charges to be waived for parts procured via air
- Faster processing of insurance claims
- Designated teams at both dealerships for quicker turnaround time
- Neighbouring dealers will send trained technicians and provide additional workforce and spare parts to help out both the dealers in Mumbai
- Mercedes-Benz technical experts to supervise dealers
Roland Folger, managing director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India, said, “The sudden Mumbai floods was distressing and we hope the situation normalises soon. As a customer-centric brand, we wanted to extend our customers and our dealer partners in Mumbai, with immediate support in the areas related to after-sales, including replacement of parts, service and also insurance claims. It is our utmost priority to get the customer vehicles back on the road, at the earliest. We have formed a cross functional task force at Mercedes-Benz India, who will work on a war footing towards this. In addition, Mercedes-Benz India has decided to procure the required parts from Germany and Singapore by air and will not pass this extra shipping cost to our customers. We aim to provide complete peace of mind to the customers round the clock with our benchmark service standards.”
Luxury cars are generally perceived to be quite expensive to maintain, especially during such unfortunate occasions. Hence, this comes as a positive move from the German carmaker while also reinstating customer’s faith in the brand.